Steve Bannon appeared on Fox News Channel’s Sunday Morning Futures with Maria Bartiromo to discuss House Democrats’ vote on rules to start an impeachment inquiry.
Video is available to watch here.
“The fever was broken by Matt Gaetz,” Bannon said. “He’s actually a brilliant strategist.” People began to realize it was a Star Chamber. That forced House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to hold the public vote on Thursday.
The Thursday vote was a resolution that formalizes the procedure for going forward with an impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump, Battleground State News reported.
U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL-01), by the way, appeared Sunday on Fox News Channel’s Life, Liberty & Levin. He said House Democrats have failed to produce anything in their two years in the majority, so they have to hold the impeachment inquiry.
Meanwhile, Bartiromo asked Bannon to talk about the lack of due process.
The Senate will be the instrument of the impeachment process, but the American people will be the jury, Bannon said.
“They’re going to demand … no matter what game the Democrats play about who the witnesses are, they’re going to demand” two must-have witnesses: Hunter Biden and Joe Biden as vice president of the United States for bringing “American-style cronyism” to the two most corrupt nations: Ukraine and China.
Despite what U.S. Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA-28) wants, 65 percent of Americans want transparency, Bannon said.
Trump has been saying “substance, substance, substance,” Bannon said. The bureaucrats’ process was “upended in the 2016 election. The American people voted for a new course.”
If Schiff will argue that Joe and Hunter Biden are above the law, he said, the Bidens have to be called out.
“Joe Biden is a hand grenade, and Hunter Biden’s the pin,” Bannon said. “And when that pin gets pulled, that shrapnel is going to blow back all over the Democratic establishment.”
Other nuggets from the discussion included:
- Democrats “burned the boats” and will impeach Trump in December.
- The key is not acquitting Trump, but acquitting him in such a way that will allow him to continue the Trump Revolution: stopping massive illegal immigration that affects our workers and his trade policies. That’s what Democrats want to stop.
- Trump has unified the Republican Party in the last 10 days.
- Pelosi and Schiff have conspired to create a Constitutional crisis that will prevent the Senate from tackling issues like USMCA or prescription drug reform.
- The Democratic front-runners of today will not be there in 2020, he said. They are “uninspired” and too radical. Hillary Clinton and Michael Bloomberg are waiting in the wings as the Democrats’ key “centrists.”
- Bartiromo asked if they can beat Trump. Bannon said, “No.”
Anyone who wants to hear more from Bannon about the impeachment process should tune in to his War Room podcast, which is here. Bannon recently gave a special interview on The Tennessee Star Report with Michael Patrick Leahy – broadcast on Nashville’s Talk Radio 98.3 and 1510 WLAC weekdays from 5:00 am to 8:00 am. Leahy was joined on the newsmakers line by good friend and former Breitbart colleague Bannon to discuss War Room podcast which will focus on facts as they pertain to the ongoing ‘impeachment’ hearings.
Towards the end of the segment, Bannon expressed the importance of the War Room podcast because, as he mentioned Nancy Pelosi is running a very strong political warfare campaign against President Trump. In addition to that, Bannon characterized the podcast to be unlike traditional radio shows with a focus on witnesses and testimony in a grassroots fashion.
The transcript is available here.
– – –
Jason M. Reynolds has more than 20 years’ experience as a journalist at outlets of all sizes.