The Ohio government announced Thursday that several new dispensaries have been given the green light to open for business in the Buckeye State.
The Ohio Medicinal Marijuana Control Program, which oversees the implementation, sales, and regulation of medicinal marijuana throughout the state has confirmed that three new dispensaries have received their “Certificates of Operation, “all three of which appear to be operated by the same business: Terrasana Labs.
The labs appear to be branches of the Terrasana Cannabis Company. The organization describes themselves as “Michigan’s premier cannabis growers with Ohio dispensary locations coming soon.” They have been touting the opening of four new dispensaries in Cleveland, Columbus, Springfield, and Fremont. While three of the labs were given the green light to commence selling, the Springfield lab was not among them. It is unclear how far in the process the Springfield lab is. The organization has not responded to requests fro comment, nor have they made a public statement regarding the status of the labs.
In addition, on Monday, the Ohio Medicinal Marijuana Control Program released the latest figures for overall, medicinal marijuana sales since implementation. In total, $2,173,990 worth of cannabis has been sold in Ohio. This translates to
288 pounds sold, a 35-pound jump from last week’s figures. This will also be the second to last weekly report of marijuana figures. As of April 1st, the program will only release figures on a monthly basis.
In total, 12 labs are currently operational in the Buckeye State:
- Clubhouse Dispensary 709 Sugar Ln., Elyria Lorain
- Terrasana Labs 10500 Antenucci Rd., Suite 200, Garfield Heights Cuyahoga
- The Botanist 3840 Greentree Ave. SW, Canton Stark
- FRX Health 1865 Dresden Ave., East Liverpool Columbiana
- The Botanist 30133 Euclid Ave., Wickliffe Lake
- Terrasana Labs 1800 E State St, Fremont Sandusky
- The Forest Sandusky, LLC 1651 Tiffin Ave., Sandusky Erie
- Buckeye Botanicals LLC 3 Acy Ave., Jackson Jackson
- Terrasana Labs 656 Grandview Ave., Columbus Franklin
- Ohio Cannabis Company 23024 County Road 621, Ste. 1, Coshocton Coshocton
- CY+ 180 Main St., Wintersville Jefferson
- Ohio Valley Natural Relief LLC 840 Canton Rd., Wintersville Jefferson
As previously reported, the state has also opened up the first marijuana processing plant. This facility processes marijuana into various consumable products, including: “oil, wax, ointment, salve, tincture, capsule, suppository, dermal patch, cartridge or other product containing medical cannabis concentrate, or usable cannabis that has been processed so that the dried leaves and flowers are integrated into other material. ” This is the only processor yet cleared for operation in the state.
– – –
Andrew Shirley is a reporter at Battleground State News and The Ohio Star. Send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.